The strategy of Africa’s 54 voting federations should be clearer after the Confederation of African Football has an executive committee meeting on Feb. 5 in Rwanda.
CAF signed a doing the job agreement this month using the Asian Football Confederation, whose president, Sheikh Salman of Bahrain, appears to be one other leading contender in the actual five-candidate FIFA 16 Points race.
The other candidates tend to be former FIFA vice chief executive Prince Ali of Nike jordans, former FIFA official Jerome A bottle of champagne of France, and South African business person Tokyo Sexwale.
CONMEBOL’s endorsement came a couple days after it elected a new president, Alejandro Dominguez of Paraguay.
FIFA IN CRISIS
- FIFA ban Blatter, Platini for eight years | Beckham
- Sixteen more indicted with FIFA corruption inquiry
- Two more FIFA authorities arrested | Hayatou about reforms
- FIFA Executive Committee from 2010 – where by are they now?
- EXCLUSIVE: FIFA probe could consider five years – Swiss AG
- Amnesty slams FIFA, Qatar over workers | Dyke upset
- FIFA opens Blatter, Platini proceedings | Blatter just about died
- Five candidates in running for FIFA | Blatter making a profit hospital
- Warner denies Beckenbauer deal | Rummenigge
- Timeline of file corruption error | FIFA’s ugly online game | 538 on FIFA
Dominguez succeeded another Paraguayan, Juan Angel Napout, who was arrested in Switzerland last month and extradited to the usa to face racketeering charges inside FIF A bribery case. Rsgoldrichfifa
Napout previously pledged CONMEBOL’s service to UEFA President Michel Platini ahead of both were suspended through FIFA.
Infantino has yet to be endorsed by the English Football Association, though is scheduled in order to meet media on Monday on Wembley Stadium in Greater london.